Study Visa

Express Entry

Study in Canada

Study in Canada

A Complete Guide for Students Who want to Study in Canada.

If you want to study in Canada, We answer all your top questions. To study in canada you need a study permit. A study permit is not a visa; it does not let you enter Canada. You can get a study permit for the length of your study program, plus the additional 90 days to let you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.

International students who want to study in Canada to obtain a degree, diploma or certification that has sessions’ length continuing beyond 6 months require a study permit.

Here are the basic steps of the application process:

  1. Choose a Program: Your program choice is one of the most important factors of your study permit application. You must present a strong case for studying in Canada in this particular program. We make program recommendations based on your work experience and education history. This will give you the best possible chance of submitting a successful application.

  2. Apply to the School: After deciding on a program, we will help you prepare and submit your application. You need to have a letter of acceptance from a Canadian designated learning institution (DLI) before you can apply for a study permit.

  3. Apply for a Study Permit: With your acceptance letter in hand, you’ll be ready to apply for your study permit. We will help you to prepare and submit your application to Canadian immigration.

Work While Studying in Canada

Student studying in Canada have the right to work. This helps offset the cost of tuition and living expenses.

International students in Canada can work part-time (up to 20 hours per week) during school terms. During scheduled breaks like summer vacation, international students may work full-time. Most students don't need a work permit to work while they study, whether their job is on campus or off campus. Your study permit will state whether you're allowed to work off campus.

You Can Bring Your Family With You While You Study

International students who are married or have kids may wish to bring their family with them. Canadian visa officers will consider study permit applications which include accompanying family members. You should note that including family members on a study permit application may influence the visa officer's decision.

If you are approved as a family, your spouse will be able to work full time while in Canada. Any accompanying children will be able to study for free.