Provincial Nomination Program


British Columbia requires skilled workers in high-demand occupation for its growing economy. BC PNP program lets skilled workers to gain permanent residence in BC.


  • you must have a valid job offer from a BC employer in occupation that fall under NOC 0, A or B category
  • you must be able to perform all the job duties
  • at least 2 years of directly related work experience
  • you must prove that you have enough funds to support yourself and you dependents
  • you must have or be eligible for valid immigration status in Canada
  • you must meet the language requirements for NOC skill level B jobs
  • must have a wage offer in line with BC wage rates for the job

Additionally, your employer must be in good standing in BC. He must be willing to support your application.

AINP – Alberta

AINP has 2 streams for workers and 3 streams for entrepreneur

Streams for workers: Alberta opportunity stream and Alberta express entry stream

  1. Alberta opportunity stream:

At the time your application is mailed to the AINP or submitted in the AINP portal, and at the time AINP assesses your application, you must

  • Have a valid work permit-not implied status, automatic extension of status, or restoration status-for an eligible occupation
  • Work in eligible occupation in Alberta
  • Have an occupation related to your field of study in Alberta if you are PGWP holder
  • Have credential issued by an Alberta Advanced education publicly funded post-secondary institution if you are a PGWP holder
  • You, except PGWP holders, must have completed a minimum of high school equivalent to Alberta standards
  • Have eligible work experience and job offer
  • Have minimum of 5 CLB test score or minimum of 5 for each French language skill if you are working in a NOC 0, A or B occupation

2. Alberta express entry stream

If you have a profile in the federal express entry portal, Alberta may send you a notification of interest letter in your federal express entry profile. You may receive the letter if you:

  • Have an active express entry profile in the federal express entry pool
  • Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta
  • Are working in an occupation that contributes to the growing economic and diversification of Alberta
  • Have a minimum CRS score of 300

There are some other factors that will increase your chances of getting the notification of interest letter from Alberta.

Manitoba MPNP: 3 streams

Skilled worker stream, international education stream, business investor stream

  1. Skilled worker stream:

The Manitoba Provincial Nominee program seeks recent graduates, skilled workers, businesspeople and their families with the intention and ability to successfully settle and economically establish in Manitoba as permanent residents. Manitoba makes it easy to immigrate and settle in our province.

The MPNP for Skilled Workers is locally driven and based on the needs of Manitoba employers. We select internationally trained and experienced workers who have the skills needed in the local labour market, and nominate them to receive Canadian permanent resident visas to settle and work in Manitoba. There are two streams:

2. International Education Stream

The new International Education Stream (IES) for Manitoba graduates is dedicated to providing international students graduating in Manitoba and meeting the needs of industry faster pathways to nomination.

There are three pathways:

Note: If you are an international student who graduated in another province of Canada, you will not be eligible under this stream but may be eligible under the renewed Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream.

3. Business Investor Stream

The renewed Business Investor Stream will replace the current PNP-B business immigration category. BIS allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate qualified business investors and entrepreneurs from around the world who have the intent and ability to start or purchase businesses in Manitoba. Applicants will no longer be required to submit a deposit of $100,000 to the Manitoba government.

There are two pathways:

Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee program

Express entry skilled worker applicants must:

  • Score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 on the PNP point assessment grid
  • Have an IRCC Work Permit with at least 4 months remaining at time of application, or be entitled to apply for one
  • Have a Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma, or an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by IRCC to verify that their foreign education is equal to Canadian education standards. The ECA submitted with the application must match the education level declared in the Express Entry profile and the points claimed in the points grid.
  • Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador;
  • Have sufficient settlement funds or financial resources to successfully establish themselves and any dependents in Newfoundland and Labrador;
  • Be able to provide language test results from a designated testing agency that match the language level declared in the Express Entry profile; and,
  • If you are an In-Canada Refugee Claimant, one main requirement of both the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP) is that you have a valid temporary resident status in Canada. The open work permit granted to you while you await the result of your refugee claim does not give the required temporary status that is required for you to be able to apply for PNP OR AIPP from within Canada. Thus, you must apply for PNP or AIPP from outside Canada.


Frequently Asked

What is the procedure to study in Canada?

The first step is to get admission to a Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI) recognized by the government of Canada. .

How much does it cost to study in Canada?
Tuition fees vary based on institution. Please contact the administration where you intend to study for more information.
What are the processing times for a study permit?
Processing times for study permits vary by visa office. For a complete list of processing times based on visa office, please visit this page.
What is the procedure to apply to study in Quebec?
What is the procedure to apply to study in Quebec?
Is a study permit required for short courses?
An applicant is not required to obtain a study permit for a program, which is less than six months in duration. However, if a course is longer than six months, the prospective student will need to apply for a study permit
Is it possible to work during studies?
An international student may be eligible to work while studying in Canada. A student must have a valid study permit and be enrolled full-time at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI). Study permit holders may be allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and full time during scheduled breaks.